- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Constantine may live again.
After reprising his role as John Constantine during the current third season of The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow, Matt Ryan could return in a full-time capacity. Should The CW renew the Arrow-verse drama for a fourth cycle, the actor would return as a series regular.
Ryan originally played the DC Comics character for one season on NBC’s since-canceled live-action Constantine. He later appeared in season four of Arrow before booking two arcs on Legends.
Despite NBC’s cancellation, Ryan has remained committed to the part and voices the role in the CW Seed animated series Constantine, which will debut Saturday on the digital platform.
“We knew that an alienated, chain-smoking, bisexual, world-weary demonologist would feel right at home among our Legends,” Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer told The Hollywood Reporter in October ahead of Ryan’s debut on the series.
Ryan is repped by Gersh, Jackoway Tyerman and the U.K.’s Curtis Brown Group.
Legends of Tomorrow has been a sturdy player for The CW this season and is expected to return, especially as the younger-skewing network is expanding to a sixth night of programming (Sundays) for the 2018-19 season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us