- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chastain won for playing a steely CIA agent in the Osama bin Laden-chase film Zero Dark Thirty, while Dunham’s win came for her role as Hannah Horvath, an angsty young Brooklynite in her HBO comedy Girls. It’s hard to imagine them trading places, but that’s exactly what New York comedian Chelsea Davison did in a new YouTube video that’s going viral.
In “Lena Dunham’s Audition for Zero Dark Thirty,” Davison imagines the Girls creator-writer-star as a nervous interrogator working to guilt suspected terrorists into giving up valuable information. It’s really more a spoof on Hannah but close enough.
“I’m a big Lena Dunham fan, I would kill to write with her,” Davison, who has trained at Upright Citizens Brigade and performs around New York, tells The Hollywood Reporter. She also notes that she ate 12 cupcakes during the video shoot, which took place over Oscar weekend.
Hannah’s audition might not involve waterboarding, but there is definitely a certain kind of torture involved.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day