- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
William Shatner arrived in L.A. just after Leonard Nimoy‘s funeral, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Shatner’s rep told THR that the actor was not able to make it to his friend and Star Trek co-star’s memorial service, which was held Sunday morning in L.A.
The rep added that Shatner is “very sad,” as he and Nimoy were “steadfast friends for so, so many years.”
Splash photo agency snapped pics of the actor arriving at Los Angeles International Airport Sunday around noon, according to the New York Post.
Shatner explained Saturday that he had a charity engagement in Florida and wouldn’t be able to make it to the funeral for Nimoy, who died Friday at age 83. “I feel really awful,” Shatner tweeted about missing the event.
He spent the early part of Sunday defending his decision to uphold his commitment, despite backlash from the media and Twitter users. He also answered fans’ questions about Nimoy, with Shatner telling one Twitter user that, unlike Spock, the actor himself was “warm and loving.”
March 1, 5:05 p.m. Updated with information about the time of the funeral.
March 1, 5:30 p.m. Updated with comments from Shatner’s rep.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day