- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Salt co-star and Everything Is Illuminated writer-director has been tapped to star in the Showtime drama pilot Ray Donovan.
The pilot takes a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles with Schreiber playing the title character, a professional “fixer” for the rich and famous in Los Angeles.
As the go-to guy in Hollywood, Ray deftly solves the highly confidential problems of the city’s most intriguing personalities and yet he can’t quite escape the damage in his own troubled family.
Created by Southland‘s Ann Biderman, who will executive produce alongside Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff for the Mark Gordon Co., production on Ray Donovan will begin in the first quarter in Los Angeles.
Schreiber, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, next appears in the feature Goon, which bows in March. The actor, who has narrated a plethora of TV specials, would be making his series TV debut should Ray Donovan be picked up to series. His credits also include an arc on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Ray Donovan was one of three new pilots to get the green light under new Showtime entertainment chief David Nevins in August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day