- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix will be returning to outer space for a second season of Another Life.
The streamer has renewed the sci-fi drama starring Katee Sackhoff for 10 more episodes. Production is set to resume next year in Vancouver; a premiere date hasn’t been set.
Another Life stars Battlestar Galactica veteran Sackhoff as astronaut Niko Breckinridge, who leads a mission to explore the genesis of an alien artifact. Justin Chatwin (who plays Niko’s scientist husband), Samuel Anderson and Elizabeth Faith Ludlow also star.
The renewal comes three months after the series debuted on Netflix to largely negative reviews, with The Hollywood Reporter‘s chief television critic Tim Goodman writing, “There’s really no other way around this — the work on Another Life is not good.”
Netflix doesn’t regularly release viewing data for its shows and hasn’t done so for Another Life.
The series comes from Halfire Entertainment, producers of Alias Grace. Aaron Martin (Being Erica, Degrassi: The Next Generation) created the show and serves as showrunner; he executive produces along with Noreen Halpern (Alias Grace, Rookie Blue).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day