- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Life Unexpected’s Liz Tigelaar and Gary Fleder are back in business.
ABC Studios has picked up a drama project from Tigelaar and Fleder based on the 2009 Demi Moore and David Duchovny indie drama The Joneses, written and directed by Derrick Borte.
Tigelaar and Fleder’s project is described as a family drama that follows the all-American Joneses, who have just moved in to an upscale suburb to start a new life – but they have a secret they must keep from friends and neighbors: they aren’t a real family at all.
The project reunites Tigelaar, creator of the critical darling Life Unexpected, with Fleder, who served as an executive producer and director on the series, which ran for two seasons on the CW.
Also on board is former Life Unexpected producer Mary Beth Basile, who will produce alongside Fleder and his production company, Mojo Films.
Echo Lake Productions, the producer of The Joneses, is also on board.
Tigelaar, repped by WME, is currently on the writing staff of ABC’s upcoming Snow White drama Once Upon a Time.
Fleder is also with WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day