- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Less than a month after announcing plans to make a TV movie about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s romance, Lifetime has cast its leads.
Murray Fraser (The Loch) and Parisa Fitz-Henley (Jessica Jones) will take on the roles of Prince Harry and Markle, respectively, in Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance.
The TV movie will chronicle the courtship and love story between the duo as well as the history of how Harry and Markle met, from the moment they were set up by friends through their courtship and eventual public debut as well as the global attention surrounding their relationship and Markle’s life as a divorced American actress.
Merideth Finn and Michele Weiss will exec produce Harry & Meghan. Scarlett Lacey and Terrence Coli penned the script. Menhaj Huda will direct. Production begins this week in Vancouver and Los Angeles, with the movie set to debut in the spring on Lifetime. (Prince Harry and Markle are set to marry on May 19.)
Fraser’s credits include Victoria. He’s repped by Scott Marshall Partners in the U.K. Fitz-Henley co-starred in NBC summer drama Midnight, Texas and counts The Girlfriend Experience, Luke Cage and feature The Sorcerer’s Apprentice among her credits. She’s repped by Washington Square Films in the U.K. and Peikoff Mahan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day