- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lifetime has found its Richard Burton.
Bowler, whose recent credits include the now-canceled ABC primetime soap GCB, will play Burton in the telefilm, which begins production in June.
Independent producer Larry Thompson, who previously worked with the cabler on its 2010 telepic Amish Grace, is overseeing the project.
Liz & Dick will chronicle Taylor and Burton’s romance — often dubbed the “marriage of the century” for its ups and downs and coverage in the tabloids. The couple, who were each married at the time of their meeting on the set of Taylor’s Cleopatra, left their respective spouses and married — twice.
“We are thrilled Lindsay will portray beloved Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor,” Lifetime executive vp programming Rob Sharenow said last month when Lohan’s casting was officially announced. “She is one of the rare actresses who possesses the talent, beauty and intrigue to capture the spirit of such a provocative icon.”
Bowler, repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and Untitled Entertainment, next appears in Syfy’s Defiance. His credits also include Ugly Betty and The Cape.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene