- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Get ready for the cerebral spin on Dance Moms. Lifetime has ordered its latest reality series, and it will delve into the world of gifted children.
Child Genius, based on a U.K. format, has received an eight-episode order at the cable network. It will film over several weeks this summer as the young cast readies for a national intelligence competition — while vying for the show’s title in tests of logic, current affairs, history, memory, science, spelling, math and debate.
Lifetime has a smart partner for the program. American MENSA is involved in the Shed Media production. Casting is currently underway, with a premiere eyed for later this year.
News of Lifetime’s order comes a couple days after it got on board for 10 more episodes of freshman hit Bring It. The show closed out its spring run on Wednesday night with a series record 2.3 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show