- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the Jodi Arias trial continuing to draw national interest and pull particularly strong ratings for HLN, another cable network is jumping on story.
As the Lifetime brand evolves with more and more original series (The Client List, Army Wives and upcoming Devious Maids), true-crime TV movies remain one of the network’s biggest draws. Three of Lifetime’s biggest ratings hauls of the last year and half came from Drew Peterson: Untouchable; Abducted: The Carlina White Story; and Prosecuting Casey Anthony.
The news is little surprise, given how high-profile Arias coverage has become in recent weeks. The Arizona woman is accused of killing former boyfriend Travis Alexander. He was found dead in 2008 with a gunshot to the head, multiple stab wounds and a slit throat.
Joshua D. Maurer, Alixandre Witlin and Judith Verno, the same team behind Drew Peterson, will executive produce the untitled project. Their previous efforts include Lifetime’s The Craigslist Killer and Hallmark’s Who Is Clark Rockefeller?
The Arias trial began on Jan. 2. Arias has testified that she did kill Alexander — but in self-defense.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day