- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lifetime is getting ready for more UnREAL. After airing just five episodes of the freshman drama, the cable network has handed out a sophomore renewal of 10 episodes set for 2016.
Co-created by Marti Noxon and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, the series is averaging nearly 5 million viewers across platforms and recently nabbed a Most Exciting New Series nom at the Critics’ Choice Television Awards
“We couldn’t be more proud to bring back UnREAL,” said network executive vp and head of programming Liz Gateley. “With authentically flawed characters, sharp storytelling and impeccable performances, this show is propelling our brand in a truly exciting direction — an unexpected and bolder Lifetime. We are thrilled to continue our work with Marti and Sarah and the incredible A+E Studios team, as we together bring a new generation of viewers to Lifetime.”
UnREAL has skewed younger for a Lifetime original series, with its median age currently at 43.
The drama stars Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer as producers of a Bachelor-esque dating competition, Everlasting, and offers a chaotic (if fictional) look behind the scenes of a major reality show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power