- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lights Out actor Billy Brown has joined the cast of Showtime’s Dexter.
Brown will appear in the sixth season in a recurring capacity, playing the character of Mike Cutler, a no-nonsense Chicago homicide detective who transfers to Miami Metro, where he immediately ruffles some feathers.
Brown, who played Patrick “Lights” Leary’s boxing nemesis Richard “Death Row” Reynolds on the short-lived drama Lights Out, has also appeared in Southland, Dirt and Californication.
Dexter, led by Michael C. Hall as the title character, is on a roll as of late, securing several actors in key parts for the new season, including Battlestar Galactica vet Edward James Olmos, rapper Mos (formerly Mos Def) and The Good Guys star Colin Hanks.
Production began in Los Angeles on Wednesday, with the new season launching in the fall.
Brown is repped by Talentworks and Benderspink.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day