- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lily Tomlin is getting maternal for ABC.
In the project from Reba‘s Kevin Abbott, McEntire stars as a woman who divorces her “good ol’ boy” rock star husband after he cheats on her and burns through most of their money who moves her mother and three kids from Nashville to the only asset they have left — a small house in Malibu.
Tomlin will play McEntire’s mother in the project, which will see the central character attempt to reignite her own singing career and keep her children from being corrupted by the Malibu lifestyle.
The casting marks Tomlin’s latest small-screen gig following her stint on Showtime’s Lisa Kudrow comedy Web Therapy and FX/DirecTV’s Damages. Repped by WME, Tomlin’s credits also include stints on ABC’s Desperate Housewives, NBC’s The West Wing and Will & Grace.
From ABC Studios, Abbott will pen the pilot with McEntire, Mindy Schultheis, Michael Hanel, Pam Williams, Dave Stewart andNarvel Blackstock executive producing. John Pasquin will direct the multicamera project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day