- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Linda Cardellini has booked her TV follow-up to Mad Men. After a season of unsuccessful philandering with Don Draper, the actress is set to join New Girl for multiple episodes in the new year.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Freaks and Geeks alum has been cast to play Jess’ (Zooey Deschanel) wild sister, Abby, in a recurring status. The episode count is not yet confirmed, but her first appearance is tentatively slated for February.
Abby is not the first member of Jess’ family to appear on New Girl. The 20th Century Fox TV produced series has previously welcomed Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner as Jess’ parents, with both set to reprise their roles in January.
For Cardellini, this marks her first onscreen TV role since her mid-2013 stint playing Sylvia Rosen on Mad Men earned her an Emmy nomination for best guest actress in a drama. The actress, who honed her chops on Judd Apatow and Paul Feig‘s Freaks and Geeks in 1999, recently told THR she was looking for a return to comedy.
Cardellini is repped by ICM. New Girl returns from its holiday hiatus on Jan. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day