- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress is in early talks to play the big-screen icon in a television movie for the female-skewing cable network, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project is not a new one and has been in development at Lifetime since last May. Independent producer Larry Thompson, who previously worked with the cabler on its 2010 telepic Amish Grace, is overseeing the project.
Lohan, a former child model turned actress (and singer), has — like Taylor — seen her fair share of career highs and lows. Since debuting in Disney’s 1998 remake of The Parent Trap, Lohan starred in features including Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Herbie: Fully Loaded.
More recently, Lohan in November was sentenced to jail time due to a violation of her probation. The actress, who failed to attend court-ordered therapy sessions, was also kicked out of the Downtown Women’s Center, where she had been assigned to complete community service hours, after arriving late. Lohan ended up spending less than five hours in jail on Nov. 7 due to overcrowding.
Lohan, a longtime fan of Monroe, posed for the January/February issue of Playboy, for which she reportedly received $1 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day