- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Touting her April 14 guest appearance on CBS’ 2 Broke Girls, Lohan in the middle of her interview with David Letterman suggested that they call up their mutual friend. (Winfrey’s OWN airs the 10-episode docuseries Lindsay, which details Lohan’s comeback attempt.) Using a phony voice, Letterman pretended to be Lohan’s secretary, prompting Winfrey to ask, “Who is this?” Letterman copped to the ruse moments later, causing Winfrey to laugh: “Very good, Dave! The David Letterman who’s retiring?”
Letterman asked Winfrey how she believed Lohan was doing: “I think she’s doing OK.” Later, Winfrey had some kind words in speaking about Lohan’s recovery process, with Lohan getting emotional. “To have cameras following you around for every phase of your life, and you are trying to pull your life together, that’s a really difficult thing. We’re really pleased she’s making some some progress.” “Oprah, I’ve spent 30 years trying to pull my life together. Where the hell have you been?” Letterman deadpanned.
And the three have something in common: They all share a meditation teacher, a guy named “Meditation Bob.” “You know what else, Oprah, that I’ve switched to now that is really fantastic?” Letterman said. “Scientology.”
Watch a preview of Wednesday’s interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day