- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW has renewed all of its summer lineup for 2019 and is adding a third scripted show to the mix.
The network will have new seasons of veteran unscripted series Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Penn & Teller: Fool Us and Masters of Illusion in summer 2019. Scripted dramas Burden of Truth and The Outpost will also return for second seasons. The new addition is British cop show Bulletproof.
Whose Line is entering its seventh season on The CW, while Penn & Teller: Fool Us and Masters of Illusion are each going into their fifth.
The en-masse renewal of the summer slate mirrors The CW’s strategy of picking up the vast majority of its in-season shows.
Bulletproof stars Noel Clarke (Doctor Who) and Ashley Walters (Top Boy) as undercover cops from very different backgrounds — Clarke’s Bishop is the son of a police officer, while Walters’ Pike grew up in foster care and on the street — who work in London’s East End and have a strong bond. The six-episode first season aired in the spring and summer on Sky One in the U.K.
Clarke and Walters co-created the series with Nick Love; all three executive produce along with Allan Niblo, Michelle Buck and Judy Counihan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us