- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brett Burlock has joined American Pickers producer Cineflix Media to spearhead global series development as senior vp scripted.
Burlock was most recently vp at Sea to Sky, Lionsgate’s cross-border scripted partnership with Thunderbird Films (Blade Runner), where his TV credits included Syfy’s Ascension and ABC’s upcoming Sex, Lies and Handwriting with RTL and TF1.
Cineflix started in scripted TV production with Copper for BBC America, and then pacted with U.K. soap producer Tony Wood to launch Buccaneer Media, which is producing the ITV drama Marcella. Based in Toronto, Burlock will develop scripted series and TV movies for the North American and international markets.
“With its global distribution business and exciting strategic relationships with the likes of Participant Media and the U.K.’s Buccaneer Media, Cineflix is uniquely positioned to draw from an international talent pool to expand on the success of compelling series such as Gangland Undercover and Buccaneer’s Marcella,” Burlock said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day