- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate is eying a sports drama for its television stable. The company has optioned Lacrosse book Take a Shot! The Remarkable Story of Perseverance, Friendship and A Really Crazy Adventure, published by Hay House just last week.
Billed as “Moneyball meets The Hangover,” the book was written by All-American lacrosse player Dave Morrow and motivational speaker and Body by Jake founder Jake Steinfeld. The semi-autobiographical book chronicles three men — a Hollywood fitness icon, a shy Ivy Leaguer, and a televangelist’s son — who start a professional sports league.
“We love to be in business with other entrepreneurs, and Jake Steinfeld is a larger than life personality and a hugely successful entrepreneur whose book has resonance for sports fans, adrenaline junkies and people who love success stores alike,” said Lionsgate Television Group president Kevin Beggs and COO Sandra Stern said in a statement.
Among the many hats Steinfeld wears, he is also the founder of Major League Lacrosse.
Another male-skewing Lionsgate TV effort, Charlie Sheen‘s Anger Management, is poised for a 90-episode pick-up following its initial 10-episode run on FX.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live