- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lip Sync Battle will soon be live from New York.
Spike TV’s celebrity competition series is hosting a live show in Central Park on July 13 as part of the City Park Foundation’s Summer Stage festival. Though the star performers have yet to be announced, Chrissy Teigen and LL Cool J will host the event.
“Lip Sync Battle was born and raised in New York City,” said the show’s executive producer Casey Patterson. “We’re honored to be doing our first-ever live show from New York. Central Park is a magical setting with an incredible music legacy, and we can’t wait to rock it!”
Based on the pop culture phenomenon perpetuated by Jimmy Fallon‘s Tonight Show segment, the original series features celebrities going head to head as they lip-sync the song of their choice. The live version of the show — held on Fifth Avenue and 69th Street — will be free to fans and will not be televised. Gates open at 7:00 p.m.
The series, directed by Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock‘s Beth McCarthy-Miller, is also executive produced by Jay Peterson of Matador Content, John Krasinski, Stephen Merchant, Rick Schwartz, and Eight Million Plus Productions. Casey Patterson Entertainment will produce the live event.
Lip Sync Battle airs on Thursdays at 10 p.m. on Spike TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Black List