- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Stephen Merchant is getting “Dirrty.”
In the first clip for Spike TV’s Lyp Sync Battle, the British comedian gives his all to Christina Aguilera‘s 2002 hit, strutting like he is in it to win it.
The series is based on Jimmy Fallon‘s regular late-night bit in which celebrities going head to head, lip synching songs of their choice to battle for bragging rights. Merchant serves as executive producer alongside Fallon, and John Krasinski, who will also perform on the show.
Read more Broadcast TV’s Returning Shows 2015-16
Spike taped ten episodes in New York in January, with some of the stars doing battle including Dwayne Johnson, Anna Kendrick, John Legend, Jennifer Lopez, Meghan Trainor, and Common.
Spike ordered an additional eight episodes this week, with those slated to be taped in Los Angeles later this month. Stars for that batch include Emily Blunt, Anne Hathaway, Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson, Queen Latifah, Justin Bieber, Will Arnett, Alison Brie, Mike Tyson, and Terry Crews.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day