- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lisa Lynn Masters, a model and veteran television actress who had appeared on Ugly Betty, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and most recently Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, has died while on a model assignment in Peru. She was 52.
Details of her death have not been released by the family. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Masters’ rep said: “In these darkening days, we hope those who have had the pleasure of knowing her will see how brightly she shined and will find that light within themselves and continue to share it with others — just as she would have.”
A Brooklyn resident, Masters was born in Omaha, Neb. With an academic background in broadcasting, she began as a news reporter before moving to New York to pursue a modeling career. Her first steps into the entertainment industry included work on commercials before breaking into film with a small part in 2004’s The Stepford Wives and then a more sustained career in TV with roles on several top-rated shows over the last decade.
Masters is survived by her husband.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day