- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The popular Little Critter kids picture book franchise is getting into the animation business.
Little Critter LLC, which controls the Little Critter book property from author Mercer Mayer, and Snyder Media Group have tapped 9 Story Media Group to produce a new TV cartoon based on a cast of animal characters in Critterville.
The deal was negotiated by former Turner Broadcasting exec Stuart Snyder. Mayer has sold over 200 million Little Critter books worldwide, with around 100 titles released in China just this year.
Around 40 half-hours of a Little Critter animated series is planned, to be shopped to broadcasters worldwide by 9 Story. The Canadian animation studio also will control worldwide distribution and merchandising rights for the series, with the exception of publishing and digital media content, which remain with Little Critter LLC.
“With their capabilities across CG and 2D animation, commitment to quality storytelling and long-standing track record in international distribution, 9 Story has the passion and know-how to make a Little Critter series a hit show around the world,” Stuart Snyder said Tuesday in a statement.
9 Story is best known for TV shows like Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Almost Naked Animals and Camp Lakebottom.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day