- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo are teaming to develop a scripted comedy called Work Wife, which has landed at ABC with a sizable put-pilot commitment.
The project, inspired by Ripa and Seacrest’s real-life friendship, is described as a half-hour multicam that explores the dynamics surrounding “work spouses,” who have few boundaries with one another, and how that impacts their relationships with everyone else.
Writer-actor Michael Ian Black (Wet Hot American Summer) will pen the script and executive produce alongside Seacrest and his ABC Studios-based RSP banner’s Nina Wass and Andrea Shay. Ripa and her ABC Studios-based Milojo Productions banner partner/husband Mark Consuelos, as well as the company’s Albert Bianchini, will also exec produce.
Work Wife arrives after Seacrest relocated from Los Angeles to New York in May 2017 to become the new co-host of ABC’s morning staple Live. The duo’s friendship dates back to 2005 when they started the first of a four-year run co-hosting the Walt Disney Christmas Parade.
Milojo is repped by CAA and Franklin Weinrib; RSP is with CAA and Hansen Jacobsen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day