- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike TV has found a new host for Jimmy Fallon‘s regular Tonight Show segment, Lip Sync Battle.
NCIS: LA star and two-time Grammy winner LL Cool J will serve as host for the 10-episode series, the network announced Wednesday. He’ll also be credited as a producer on the series, which will tape in January in New York.
The Viacom-owned cable network picked up the show, based on Fallon’s regular late-night bit featuring celebrities going head-to-head, lip-syncing the song of their choice in a battle for bragging rights, straight to series.
In addition to serving as executive producers, Fallon, The Office alum John Krasinski and Hello Ladies’ Stephen Merchant will appear and perform on Lip Sync Battle. The series will tape in January in New York for a bow on Thursday, April 2. Additional information about participating talent will be announced later.
“Like the rest of the world, I’m a big fan of these battles, but this show is going to bring it to a whole new level,” the rapper-actor said. “I’m thrilled to be working with Jimmy Fallon, John Krasinski, Stephen Merchant and the entire team to host the show and can’t wait for the fans at home to join in!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day