- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Backstrom continues to film its 13-episode freshman season up in Vancouver, and the Fox drama has added another guest (with recurring potential) to the cast.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Gods and Monsters actress Lolita Davidovich is set to appear in an episode of the midseason drama as Louis “Lou” Finster — the mother of Thomas Dekker‘s Gregory Valentine. Perhaps more intriguing: the character is described as a former hooker who decided to become a dental hygienist after finding God.
Her introduction to the show comes when Rainn Wilson‘s titular Backstrom arrives in her dentist’s chair. She’s thus far only booked for one episode, but her character’s familial ties mean follow-ups are possible.
It will mark a reunion of sorts for Dekker and Davidovich, as the pairing first appeared together in HBO’s telepic Cinema Verite. This is also the second parent of a series regular to join the cast of Hart Hanson‘s new detective series. Robert Forster recently came on board for two episodes as the dad to Wilson’s character.
Davidovich is repped by Mavrick Artists Agency. Her recent TV roles include Psych, Bunheads, NCIS and Canadian series Good God.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day