- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Looper breakout Pierce Gagnon has joined the Oscar winner in CBS’ summer 2014 drama series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Extant is a futuristic thriller about a female astronaut named Molly (Berry) trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. The character’s experiences lead to events that ultimately change the course of human history.
Following a worldwide search, Gagnon will play Ethan, Molly’s son, who is more than he appears to be.
Spielberg, along with Greg Walker and Mickey Fisher, who penned the script for the CBS Television Studios and Amblin Television effort, will executive produce with Brooklyn Weaver, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. CBS Television Distribution will handle domestic distribution, while CBS Studios International will handle worldwide rights. Berry will co-exec produce.
In addition to Looper, Gagnon’s credits also include ABC pilot Big Thunder, Wish I Was Here, Rio 2 and Tomorrowland. He’s repped by CESD, Principato Young and Hansen Jacobson.
Extant will premiere next summer on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day