- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Titus Welliver is going from playing the Man in Black on Lost to a Steve Jobs/Donald Trump-like tech whiz on FX’s superhero pilot Powers.
As first reported on AOL TV, the Welliver will play Triphammer, a “genius and a narcissist” who is a combination of Jobs and Trump and invented technology that can bestow and remove superheroes’ powers, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Should the pilot be ordered to series, the role will be recurring.
The pilot revolves around homicide detective Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and his partner, Deena Pilgrim (Lucy Punch), who investigate crimes against superheroes and is based on the comic book series created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oemig. Charles S. Dutton plays their captain.
Powers, from Sony Pictures Television and FX Productions, is being adapted by The Walking Dead’s Charles H. Eglee with Michael Dinneraboard to helm the pilot, which is in production in Chicago.
Welliver’s TV credits include The Good Wife and Sons of Anarchy. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day