- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Louis C.K. is going for round three at Madison Square Garden.
The comedian emailed his subscribers on Monday to announce a Jan. 24 show at the New York venue. He previously sold out two Madison Square Garden shows this month, and if he sells out the third, he will be the first comedian to sell out the venue three times in one month for the same tour.
C.K. sold out the first two shows without marketing or publicity, aside from an email he sent to his mailing list. Jan. 24 will mark his final show of the tour, and he will begin production on FX’s Louie shortly after the tour’s conclusion. C.K. was nominated for best actor in a TV series, musical or comedy at Sunday’s Golden Globes for the critically acclaimed series. Season five is expected this spring.
C.K. has a history of marketing directly to his fans. In 2011, he sold a comedy special taped at New York’s Beacon Theatre on his website for $5. Sales topped $1 million.
His latest tour also saw him sell out the Chicago Theatre four times last week as well as the Forum in Los Angeles.
C.K. is repped by 3 Arts and APA.
Jan. 12, 2:16 p.m. An earlier version stated proceeds from the Jan. 24 show would go to charity. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro