- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lucy Lawless is going from the violence (and nudity) of Spartacus to Pawnee.
Lawless will play a single mom in Pawnee who turns to the Parks Department to help with a neighborhood problem. After Ron (Nick Offerman) and Andy (Chris Pratt) are dispatched to help her, Andy picks up on the chemistry between Lawless’ character and the always surly Ron.
Lawless, who is slated to appear in two episodes, broke the news via Twitter. “I am so thrilled to work with the #ParksandRecreation crew. I am always amazed by the Acting and writing. It’s kooky, ironic and elegant,” she wrote.
Her first episode is scheduled to air Oct. 4. Sadly, her character is not named Tammy (it’s Diane).
The role marks Lawless’ first TV gig since her Spartacus character, Lucretia, died in the second-season finale.
She’s repped by Valeo Entertainment.
Parks returns for its fifth season at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day