- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Salem is rounding out its season two cast.
Lucy Lawless, Stuart Townsend, Joe Doyle and Oliver Bell are boarding WGN America’s supernatural thriller.
In recurring guest roles, Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess) will play Countess Marburg, one of the last remaining survivors of the line of ancient German witches, and Townsend (Betrayal) will portray English aristocrat Samuel Wainwright, a doctor looking to uncover the secrets of Salem and keep his own from those who would seek to discover them.
Read more Salem: TV Review
As series regulars, Doyle (Raw) will play Baron Sebastian Marburg, the charming and cultured son of the Countess, while Bell will reprise his role as the long-lost son of Mary, who was long believed to be dead but was revealed to have been secretly kept alive by Mary’s witches at the end of season one.
The drama, which centers on Salem’s most powerful and ruthless witch, Mary Sibley (Janet Montgomery), as she faces off against new and old adversaries vying for control of the embattled 17th century village, was created and written by Brannon Braga (Cosmos, 24) and Adam Simon. The Fox 21-produced series will return to WGN America in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day