- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Thursday’s Conan, Matthew Weiner addressed the many theories of how Mad Men may actually end — one of which involves D.B. Cooper, who jumped out of a plane with a parachute in 1971 after collecting $200,000 in ransom money.
Many say the same will happen to Don Draper, because of Jon Hamm‘s physical similarities to a FBI sketch of Cooper.
“I think all police sketches without mustaches of white guys look like Jon Hamm, so I don’t know! He has very cartoon-favorable features,” said Weiner. “And people think it’s gonna end in a plane crash, which Lionsgate would never pay for.”
He then jokingly shared what he called the final clip from the series finale. It’s pretty juicy.
Watch the video below.
Who’s not concerned about Mad Men’s ending? Weiner’s teenage kids, including his son Marten, who plays the creepy Glen Bishop.
“Obviously, I love the show more than them, so it worked out,” he joked. “I’m in charge there, and people made fun of me and I didn’t hear it. Now when I’m home — and I’m home a lot — it’s right to your face.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day