- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No one would ever accuse Don Draper (Jon Hamm) of having it easy.
The Mad Men protagonist has been put through the ringer over the course of the AMC series’ first four seasons. And if the campaign for the upcoming fifth run (premiering Mar. 25) is any indication, things don’t get any easier.
STORY: ‘Mad Men’ Creator Matthew Weiner Teases Season 5
Posters and billboards popping up in anticipation of the series’ return show a silhouette of Don, like the one in the opening titles, free-falling into oblivion. They’re eye-catching, if a little spartan, leaving some New Yorkers inclined to get artistic.
Gothamist points out that subway posters of the campaign are getting the graffiti treatment and even more photoshopping, putting Don in all kinds of scenarios.
There’s Don bouncing off a trampoline, Don getting kicked by Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbs), Don falling dangerously close to a naked rear end and, as you can see below, Don shooting out of a whale’s spout.
Check out the rapidly growing number of Mad Men mash-ups at Gothamist.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day