- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forget about that falling figure.
On the heels of the stark, cryptic teaser posters and the recent barrage of character-based clips, AMC now has the official poster for the long-absent series’ return.
The ad shows Don looking into a store window display. Inside, mannequins, set up like a man and disrobed woman, appear to be reenacting married life. The reflected glimpse of Don’s face shows that he might not be entirely sold on the idea.
Speaking with The New York Times, creator Matt Weiner said the surreal image draws inspiration from Italian artist Giorgio de Chirico.
“This is a dreamlike image,” he said, “By the end of the season… I guarantee you’ll know what it is about.”
When the series last left off, Don had proposed to secretary Megan (Jessica Paré), setting the character up for marriage #2.
Mad Men returns to AMC with a two-hour “event” premiere on Mar. 25 at 9:00 p.m. Check out the full poster below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day