- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Madam Secretary is about to get a taste of Scandal.
Kate Burton is set to appear on the CBS sophomore drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Tony award winner and Emmy nominee will play Maureen Ryan, the prickly and perpetually irritated sister of Henry (Tim Daly). A married mother of three, she is always able to fill a room and takes her big personality — along with her comments, criticisms and judgments — wherever she goes. Maureen is never afraid to say what she thinks, including to her sister-in-law, aka the Secretary of State (Tea Leoni).
Burton will appear in episode 13 of season two, titled “Invasive Space.”
Like Daly, who starred on Private Practice for five seasons before Madam Secretary, Burton is a Shondaland alum. In addition to playing Meredith’s mother, Ellis, on Grey’s Anatomy, the veteran actress is known for her recurring role on Scandal as conservative talk show host and President Fitz’s former vice president, Sally Langston.
Burton, whose credits also include 127 Hours, Rescue Me, The Practice and Law & Order, is repped by Gersh and Principal Entertainment LA.
Madam Secretary airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day