- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Madeline Stowe is returning to the small screen.
The former Revenge Golden Globe-nominee has become the first person cast in Fox pilot Mixtape.
Mixtape is described as a romantic musical drama that looks at a disparate group of interconnected people in contemporary Los Angeles through the lens of the music that defines who they are. Mixtape captures the different stages of love, exploring if time can heal a broken heart and if love can withstand life’s tragedies.
Stowe is the first person cast in the pilot and will play Margot, an actress who carefully controls how she presents herself to the world but is secretly exhausted by having to do it.
Former Smash showrunner Josh Safran penned the script for the drama, which is produced by Annapurna Television and 20th Century Fox Television. Annapurna’s Megan Ellison and Sue Naegle will exec produce alongside Safran and Ali Krug, the latter of whom is set as a co-EP.
Should Mixtape go to series, it would be Stowe’s first regular role since ABC’s Revenge. Her credits include features 12 Monkeys, Short Cuts and The General’s Daughter. She’s repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
Keep up with all the latest pilot orders, castings and eventual series pickups with THR‘s handy guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day