- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an interview with Steve Kroft on 60 Minutes, the British actress says she was proud of the show, but then admitted that she hasn’t actually watched her own character, Lady Grantham, in action.
“I haven’t actually seen it, so I don’t—I don’t sit down and watch it,” she tells Kroft. “Never?” he asks. “No, I haven’t watched it,” she replies.
The 78-year-old actress explains that she would watch the program someday, but for now, she doesn’t plan on doing so.
Smith shares, “Because it’s frustrating. I always see things that I would like to do differently and think, ‘Oh, why in the name of God did I do that?'”
The most rewarding part of being in Downton Abbey for the British star is “the delight of acting.”
Smith’s 60 Minutes interview will broadcast Sunday, Feb. 17 on CBS at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
Watch below for a preview:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day