- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has handed out a third-season renewal for the drama based on Lev Grossman’s best-selling novels, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Starring Jason Ralph, Stella Maeve and Olivia Taylor Dudley, the Universal Cable Productions-produced drama is up year-over-year among viewers 18-49 (up 15 percent), 18-34 (23 percent) and total viewers (6 percent). The series will return with another batch of 13 episodes in 2018.
The Magicians remains a key component of Syfy’s rebranding effort from a few years ago. The series is part of a 2018 slate that also includes recently renewed The Expanse, anthology Channel Zero and the final season of 12 Monkeys.
Syfy has found mixed results with its renewed focus on science-fiction programming as part of its rebranding. While critical favorite 12 Monkeys is returning for a final season, Syfy has also had a number of one-and-done launches including Incorporated, Hunters and limited series including Olympus and Childhood’s End.
Next up are Dark Matter, Killjoys, Z Nation, as well as acquisitions Van Helsing and Wynonna Earp, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day