- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two CBS series are halting production as Hurricane Lane approaches Hawaii.
Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum P.I. are shutting down filming as the Category 4 storm moves in. Magnum P.I. has already closed up shop for the day, while Hawaii Five-0 is shooting this morning and then expected to shut down the rest of the day. The two shows won’t film on Friday.
Sources close to the studio say that the safety of the cast and crew are the top priority for CBS, and producers have been closely monitoring the situation with local authorities, knowing that the hurricane was expected to hit Oahu Thursday afternoon. The storm’s center, which has sustained winds near 130 mph, was in the Pacific about 210 miles south-southwest of the Big Island town of Kailua-Kona around 5 a.m.
The debut of the new Magnum P.I. is scheduled for Sept. 24, while Hawaii Five-0 will return with its ninth season on Sept. 28.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day