- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The show — which hails from Cary Joji Fukunaga, director of True Detective‘s first season and Beasts of No Nation — co-stars Stone and Hill as strangers who find themselves caught up in a bizarre pharmaceutical trial gone awry.
The trailer features Stone’s character asking if she’s gotten caught up in some kind of “multireality brain magic shit,” while Hill’s character separately notes that “my mind is playing tricks.”
“I don’t know what’s real and what’s not,” Hill also declares.
The series is a remake of the Norwegian show of the same name, which aired in 2014. The U.S. adaptation landed a straight-to-series order at Netflix in March 2016 with Stone and Hill already attached.
Patrick Somerville wrote the 10-episode Maniac, which co-stars Sonoya Mizuno, Justin Theroux, Julia Garner, Jemima Kirke and Sally Field.
Maniac will premiere Sept. 21 on Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day