- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Marg Helgenberger’s Catherine Willows is following in Laurence Fishburne’s footsteps and signing off CSI.
After more than 250 episodes of the series, original cast member Helgenberger opted to return for Season 11 only after executive producer Carol Mendelsohn approached her last season and asked her to remain on so the writers could properly script her exit.
PHOTOS: Summer TCA Gallery
“The combination of that info and me having a hard time letting go of this show and this group of people, I said, ‘Yeah, I’m not done playing this character; I’m not done letting go of this group of people,” the actress told The Hollywood Reporter at TCA Wednesday.
“Marg will be around through January, so Episode 12,” Mendelsohn said. “People come and go and come back, so hopefully when we say goodbye, that won’t be the last time we see her.”
Ted Danson‘s character, CSI supervisor DB Russell (who replaced Fishburne), will affect Willows’ role within the team.
“Ted’s character is pretty endearing and he has a way of looking at a crime scene that’s a fresh perspective and it gets under everybody’s skin – in a good way,” she says, noting that the crew took some “liberties” with the way the crime last season was solved. Willows, ultimately, is a team player and may directly be impacted in the fallout.
‘CSI’: 5 Things to Know About the Ted Danson Reboot
‘CSI’: Ted Danson Replaces Laurence Fishburne
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day