- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is bringing back a familiar face for its landmark 300th episode.
Original star Marg Helgenberger will return to reprise her role as Catherine Willows to help solve a cold case that has haunted the team for 14 years, CBS announced Tuesday.
During the episode, set to air Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 10 p.m., the team goes back to the beginning to investigate a homicide in the home of a reclusive casino mogul who was a suspect in a similar crime in 2000. The CSI team recalls who they were and where they were in order to solve the cold case.
Helgenberger exited CSI midway through season 12 and has since nabbed a starring role in CBS’ upcoming drama Intelligence opposite Lost‘s Josh Holloway. That drama will bow on Mondays come midseason on the network.
The 14th season of CSI returns Sept. 25 on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day