- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marge Simpson has something she would like to say.
On Friday morning, the Twitter account for the long-running Fox cartoon, The Simpsons, shared a video of the character responding to a recent comment from President Trump’s attorney Jenna Ellis, who smirked days ago, in her opinion, vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris sounds like Marge, voiced by Julie Kavner.
The comment was met with instant backlash, a throng of fans of both Harris and The Simpsons character pointing out all of their virtues thereby turning the dig into a compliment.
Marge spoke for herself.
“I don’t usually get into politics, but the president’s senior adviser Jenna Ellis said Kamala Harris sounds like me,” Marge starts. “Lisa says she doesn’t mean it as a compliment. If that’s so, as an ordinary suburban housewife, I am starting to feel a little disrespected. I teach my children not to name-call, Jenna.” As an aside, Marge adds, “I would going to say ‘pissed off,’ but I’m afraid they’d bleep it.”
The “ordinary suburban housewife” was a reference to Trump’s repeated attempts to appeal to female voters ahead of the general election.
Watch the video below.
Marge Simpson has something to say. pic.twitter.com/viux96bAPf
— TheSimpsons (@TheSimpsons) August 14, 2020
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day