- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another famous songstress is allegedly headed to Empire.
Mariah Carey will guest star on the upcoming second season of the hip-hop drama, co-creator Lee Daniels revealed Wednesday at Carey’s Walk of Fame ceremony.
However, Fox declined to comment, and sources tell THR there is currently no deal in place for Carey to appear.
This would mark the fourth collaboration for Carey and Daniels also including 2008’s Tennessee, 2009’s Precious, and 2013’s Lee Daniels’ The Butler.
The appearance would also bring Carey back to Fox, where she served as a judge on American Idol for one season in 2013. Her other past roles include Ally McBeal (also on Fox) and more recently Real Husbands of Hollywood.
Empire already has an impressive list of singers and musicians lined up for the highly anticipated second season. Chris Rock, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz, Ne-Yo, Kelly Rowland and Ludacris are all set to guest-star.
In addition to her possible Empire stint, Carey is also set to direct a TV movie for Hallmark Channel.
Daniels and fellow Empire executive producers Brian Grazer and Ilene Chaiken are set to appear at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Thursday as part of Fox’s presentation.
Empire’s second season premieres Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day