- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Empire is adding an Oscar winner to its ranks.
Marisa Tomei has joined season two of the Fox smash, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Tomei will recur as Mimi Whiteman, a demanding venture capitalist who becomes involved with the Lyon family. The Forbes-list billionaire is a lover of hip-hop, social trends, high-end fashion and beautiful women.
Tomei joins a growing list of impressive guest-stars, including Chris Rock, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz and Adam Rodriguez. Season two of Empire began shooting in June.
Although Tomei got her start on the TV soap opera As the World Turns and later on A Different World, her only recent TV gig was an arc on Rescue Me. An Oscar winner for her performance in My Cousin Vinny, Tomei’s recent credits include Parental Guidance and Crazy, Stupid, Love. Tomei is repped by CAA and Jackoway Tyerman.
The new season of Empire premieres on Wednesday, Sept. 23, at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day