- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Wahlberg says Hollywood should be worried come Oscar night.
Wahlberg, who also will appear at the Oscars with the foul-mouthed teddy bear Ted, relayed a story of a benefit he was involved with last year in his church parish for the Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women & Children. One of the parishioners thought it would be a good idea to ask MacFarlane to host.
“I said, ‘Are you out of your mind?'” Wahlberg told Leno. “This guy has no filter. He’s a sweetheart, but he doesn’t care who it is — he takes it to everybody.”
MacFarlane agreed to host the event, which included several nuns and priests.
“I said, ‘Oh my god, this is gonna be bad,'” Wahlberg continued. “I’m sitting there, and I’m covering my ears, and he’s just tearing into everybody.”
Still, the actor added that MacFarlane will be “fantastic” as Oscar host.
“He’s so smart, talented, witty, he can sing, dance,” Wahlberg said.
The Tonight Show airs at 11:35 weeknights on NBC. The 85th Annual Academy Awards airs Feb. 24 on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day