- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dan Bucatinsky is keeping busy.
The Emmy-winning Scandal alum signed on to the comedy from Happy Endings creator David Caspe as a recurring player the morning after his character on the ABC Shonda Rhimes thriller was killed off.
See more Faces of Fall 2014
The promotion comes at a busy time for Bucatinsky. In addition to his role as Casey Wilson‘s father on the marriage comedy, Bucatinsky appears onscreen on HBO’s revived The Comeback — which he also writes and exec produces with producing partner/star Lisa Kudrow. Additionally, Bucatinsky and Kudrow — via their Is or Isn’t Entertainment production company — are behind Showtime comedy series Web Therapy.
“I was such a fan of David Caspe before. And when I read the pilot for Marry Me, I laughed so hard. I truly admired it. I felt very fortunate to be a part of the show. And now — what a thrill to have been able to work out a way to join the Marry Me family that I love so much in a more permanent way.”
Bucatinsky, who also exec produces TLC docuseries Who Do You Think You Are, is repped by CAA, Wishlab and Myman Abel.
Check out a clip with Bucatinsky and onscreen husband Tim Meadows from the Nov. 25 episode of Marry Me, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day