- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Saturday Night Live star Martin Short has been cast in a recurring guest role on the series, as first reported by Vulture. He’ll appear in a multiple episode arc, but the specific details of his character are unknown at this time.
[Update: A CBS spokesperson tells us that Short will play Marshall’s (Jason Segel) new boss, though fans will remember that Marshall was interviewing for a new job in last season’s finale. No word on whether Short will play a boss at a new firm or not.]
Short will be guest starring on Showtime’s Weeds this season. He also played duplicitous lawyer Leonard Winstone on the last season of Damages. His last major series role was on Comedy Central’s Primetime Glick, which aired for three seasons ending in 2003. He also lent his voice to this year’s Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil, which hit theatres in April.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day