- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel and Netflix have found their Iron Fist.
Game of Thrones star Finn Jones has been cast as the lead in the upcoming Iron Fist drama series at the streaming giant, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, Jones, who stars as Ser Loras Tyrell on the HBO fantasy drama, will play the title role of Daniel Rand, aka Iron Fist. The character is described as handsome and sophisticated, independent and a loner. Rand fights against the criminal elements corrupting New York with his kung fu skills and ability to summon the power of the fiery Iron Fist. The series picks up with Rand returning to the Big Apple after having gone missing for several years.
Dexter’s Scott Buck is on board to serve as showrunner on the drama, which marks the fourth of Marvel’s five-series deal with Netflix. He’ll join Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage stars Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter, respectively, in the fifth series — The Defenders mini.
The casting concludes a big online push to have the actor taking on the role be an Asian-American. In the comics, Daniel is portrayed as a blond Caucasian, but over the past year and a half, a grassroots movement urged Marvel and Netflix to cast an Asian-American actor as the titular superhero.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day