- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following today’s earlier announcement that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy — the upcoming Disney XD animated spin-off from last year’s hit movie — has found its Groot, Marvel has named Trevor Devall as the man who’ll provide the dulcet tones for Groot’s best buddy, Rocket Raccoon.
This won’t be the first time that Devall has played the character; in the July, 2014 “Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy” episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, the actor voiced the role, following up a performance by Billy West in an earlier episode of the series (Rocket has also been voiced by Greg Ellis and Seth Green in other Marvel animated series).
Additionally, he’s provided voices for a number of anime series including Gundam SEED Destiny, Death Note and Transformers Cybertron, with other animated roles in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, X-Men: Evolution and the trilogy of Bionicle movies based on the Lego toyline.
Devall will join Kevin Michael Richardson on the new series, with the latter actor providing the voice for the well-grounded living tree Groot. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, announced during last year’s New York Comic Con, will debut later this year as part of the Marvel Universe block on Disney XD.
— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) February 17, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day